Capital College is a ministry for people in their late teens and 20s
We believe that this specific age group is as unique in its makeup as it is in its ability and opportunity to impact both the church and the world with the Gospel. As such, we exist to glorify God by making and strengthening disciples of Jesus Christ among college students in the downtown Raleigh area.
Distinctives of our Church
- We are a Word-centered church: In everything we do, we desire our ministry to be shaped by the Word of God. Moreover, we emphasize the teaching of sound doctrine. The local church is the primary way that disciples of Jesus are made and multiplied and the gospel of Jesus is proclaimed. Whether you are in Raleigh for one year or the rest of your life, we desire our students to be actively involved in the life of the church—this goes beyond Sunday morning and involves committing to love and serve the church in active membership.
- We are community driven: Every human being wants to be known. Our small, multigenerational church is marked by a community that knows one another intimately and cares for each other’s spiritual growth.
- We are proximate to college campuses: Our church is located inside the belt-line just minutes from William Peace University, St. Augustine University, N.C. State University, Shaw University, and Meredith College.
- Sunday Morning Worship: We see the Sunday morning worship gathering as the primary discipling ministry of the church as we gather with the members of the church and feed on the Word of God in prayer, song, and preaching.
- Sunday Morning Life Class: Following the worship gathering we have an interactive small group study for college students
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study: Each week we host an hour long inductive Bible study in which we think through a small passage of Scripture together. We seek to answer the following questions in group discussion: 1) What does the text say? 2) What does the text mean? 3) What does the text mean for me?
Temporarily we are not meeting for life class or Wednesday evening bible study due to COVID-19 precautions, but if you're interested in being involved in a small group, please shoot us a message.
September 16, 6:00 pm – Seminar on Online Class and Time Management led by a distance learning administrator. Seminar will take place in the Family Life Center at Capital: 1417 Clifton St. Raleigh, NC 27612
Find us on Instagram at: capitalcollegerdu or by clicking this link.