This three-day men's retreat is in the North Carolina Mountains at the Billy Graham Training Center, near Ashville, NC and is comprised of great teaching, worship, rest, recreation, reflection, and food.
- March 15-17, 2019
- $325 which includes lodging, meals, retreat materials and activities
- $200 if you are providing your own lodging
- A deposit of $100 is required at registration
- Registration deadline is March 4, 2019, all balances are also due on this date.
Until February 16, there will be an option to just make a $100 deposit at the end of this registration, that deposit is not refundable after March 4. The deposit option is not available after February 16, payment must be made in full after that time.
Dr. Jeff Struecker is a former Army Ranger who was a squad leader in the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu and was portrayed in the feature film, “Black Hawk Down”. He won the Best Ranger Competition in 1996 and was recognized as Noncommissioned Officer of the Year in 1998. After his enlisted service, Jeff served as a chaplain, retiring as a major in 2011. Following his retirement, he joined the staff of Calvary Baptist Church in Columbus, GA where he serves as lead pastor, authors books, and speaks regularly to audiences across the United States about his experiences and about his Christian faith. He is married to his wife Dawn and has five children.
Ken Smith travels the country speaking at conferences and churches, with the purpose of “presenting a living Jesus to a lost world by teaching and modeling marketplace evangelism..” He has served on the National Board of Trustees for Fellowship of Christian Athletes and is the former football team chaplain for Florida State University and the University of South Carolina. He speaks for Men at the Cross nationwide. Ken and his wife Donnelle have two grown children and three grandchildren.
Lane Wood is a worship leader/speaker who has traveled extensively through music and speaking over the last decade. A graduate of Appalachian State and Southeastern Seminary, Lane currently serves on staff in downtown Raleigh at Capital Community Church. He desires to lead others into authentic worship of God, by challenging them to make Christ the center of their lives. He is married to his wife Meg and has two sons – Durham and Ezra, and two daughters – Lily and Sadie.
Friday, March 15
- 2pm Check-in
- 5-6:30pm Buffet Dinner
- 7pm First Session
- 8:45pm Snacks/Fellowship
Saturday, March 16
- 7am Breakfast
- 9am Second Session
- 10:30am Third Session
- 12pm Lunch
- 1pm Free Time
- 7:30pm Fourth Session
- 9pm Snacks/Fellowship
Sunday, March 17
- 7am Breakfast
- 9am Fifth Session
- 10:30am Sixth Session
- 12pm Lunch/Dismissal
There are many opportunities for recreation, relaxation, exploration, and rest during your time at The Cove. Here are some activities that you will need to be prepared for:
- Golf is available at the Grove Park Inn Golf Course: cost is $70, which includes cart and bag fees. Please click here to reserve your spot for a 1pm shot-gun start and a box lunch will be reserved for you.
- Sporting Clays at River Bend (864.592.1348). Inman, SC is a 50-minute drive. Please contact them to make a reservation. Click here to order your box lunch.
- Navitat Adventures (828.626,3700) is an amazing zip-line experience, located in Barnardsville, NC, (35 min). Make your reservation with Navitat and we will make a lunch box available for you if order on by clicking here.
- Cycling is available for those that have the proper equipment, as the hills of Asheville are not for the beginning biker.
- Fishing in nearby lakes and streams; you may want to Google sites that are nearby and bring the appropriate equipment.