This three-day men's retreat is in the North Carolina Mountains at the Billy Graham Training Center, near Ashville, NC and is comprised of great teaching, worship, rest, recreation, reflection, and food.
If you are registering a group or have questions contact Leon Tucker
- March 20-22, 2020
- $325 which includes lodging, meals, retreat materials and activities
- $200 if you are providing your own lodging
- A deposit of $100 is required at registration
- Registration deadline is March 10, 2020, all balances are also due on this date.
Until February 24, there will be an option to just make a $100 deposit at the end of this registration, that deposit is not refundable after March 10. The deposit option is not available after February 24, payment must be made in full after that time.
Afshin Ziafat was raised a Muslim and in the midst of the Iranian Islamic Revolution moved to Houston, TX. While in his senior year of high school, Afshin came to faith in Christ and was disowned by his family. Committed to serving Christ with his life, he graduated from the University of TX at Austin, and Southwestern Seminary, in Ft Worth. He is the Lead Pastor of Providence Church, in Frisco, TX, and travels the world proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ in churches, conferences, and mission efforts of training Iranian pastors. He is married to the love of his life, Meredith, and they have three small children. Afshin serves on the Board of Directors for Vertical Bible Study at Baylor University in Waco, Texas and East-West Ministries in Plano, Texas.
Ken Smith travels the country speaking at conferences and churches, with the purpose of “presenting a living Jesus to a lost world by teaching and modeling marketplace evangelism..” He has served on the National Board of Trustees for Fellowship of Christian Athletes and is the former football team chaplain for Florida State University and the University of South Carolina. He speaks for Men at the Cross nationwide. Ken and his wife Donnelle have two grown children and three grandchildren.
Carl Cartee wrote his first song at the age of 7, considering music more of a second language than an acquired skill. His catalog of songs and studio albums have garnered him a Dove award as well as tracks on the albums of artists including Elevation Worship, Laura Story, Aaron Schust, Selah, Jaci Valesquez, Big Daddy Weave, The Martins, NewSpring Worship, Finding Favour, LifeWay Worship, The Gaither Vocal Band, Rory & Joey, The Oakridge Boys, FFH, Travis Cottrell and over 150 songs cut by other artists.
A life that started playing music and leading worship in the local church fostered a deep affection the Church and for writing songs for her to sing. No matter where the road leads, it’s never far away from a place to serve and give in the body of Christ. Carl has written and recorded thirteen albums over the last 18 years and performed with artists Third Day, Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Chapman but is most grateful for opportunities to lead and serve at churches like Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood, TN and to found the Inspire Worship Conference, an annual event that trains and equips church worship leaders.
Friday, March 20
- 2pm Check-in
- 5-6:30pm Buffet Dinner
- 7pm First Session
- 8:45pm Snacks/Fellowship
Saturday, March 21
- 7am Breakfast
- 9am Second Session
- 10:30am Third Session
- 12pm Lunch
- 1pm Free Time
- 7:30pm Fourth Session
- 9pm Snacks/Fellowship
Sunday, March 22
- 7am Breakfast
- 9am Fifth Session
- 10:30am Sixth Session
- 12pm Lunch/Dismissal
There are many opportunities for recreation, relaxation, exploration, and rest during your time at The Cove. Here are some activities that you will need to be prepared for:
- Golf is available at the Grove Park Inn Golf Course: cost is $70, which includes cart and bag fees. Please click here to reserve your spot for a 1pm shot-gun start and a box lunch will be reserved for you.
- Sporting Clays at River Bend (864.592.1348). Inman, SC is a 50-minute drive. Please contact them to make a reservation. Click here to order your box lunch.
- Navitat Adventures (828.626,3700) is an amazing zip-line experience, located in Barnardsville, NC, (35 min). Make your reservation with Navitat and we will make a lunch box available for you if order one by clicking here.
- Cycling is available for those that have the proper equipment, as the hills of Asheville are not for the beginning biker.
- Fishing in nearby lakes and streams; you may want to Google sites that are nearby and bring the appropriate equipment.